Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Skiing in Tsaghkadzor, Armenia

I'm no expert in skiing and have skied less than a handful of times in my life actually.  Thus, although this video may make you dizzy, I'm pretty proud to show you my zig-zaggy view from the mountain in Tsaghkadzor, Armenia.  It was truly beautiful.  Being a girl from a farm in western Nebraska, I absolutely love open spaces that leave me with plenty of fresh air to breathe in freely.  Nebraska offers perfect sunsets across a flat plain, leaving you with feelings of joy, contentment and freedom.  The top of this mountain left me with the same feelings.  The view was expansive.  I could see for miles. There were very few other skiers on the mountain, an extra plus. Our training was held in the ski resort town at the base of this mountain.

In addition to that, we decided to ski the morning of International Women's Day, highly celebrated in much of the world (but for the United States perhaps).  We women were welcomed with congratulations by the ski rental staff and told we could ski for free for the day!  We paid maybe 2 dollars to go on the second lift up to a higher point on the mountain, but the skis and the first lift for free!  I did indeed feel honored that day.


Matej from Slovakia teaching Kate from Georgia how to walk up the mountain with skis.
Beautiful place called Tsaghkadzor, Armenia

No comments:

Post a Comment