Tuesday, October 9, 2012

More Training and Moldovan Traditions


Another few weeks have passed by soo quickly!  It's finally feeling most certainly like fall.  Three weekends ago, I took off from Causeni for first a wedding weekend in the north of Moldova, then two weeks of language training and program-related meetings with Peace Corps and other NGO's, followed by the National Wine Fest.  Busy weeks and weekends but fun, educational ones as well!

I unfortunately had my camera stolen, so I can't show you all the fun wedding pictures I snapped.  Thankfully, they're all saved, just not on my computer.  So I'll post about that joyous, interesting, and long cultural experience later on.

Many of us volunteers were not necessarily thrilled to go back for more training- including me.  But on the other hand, what's not to love about being with some of the coolest people in the world (i.e. other Peace Corps volunteers!)? ...  We were just getting settled at site and then had to leave again for a couple weeks.  However, as it turns out, I took away some more grammar lessons and some valuable insight regarding projects I hope to implement in my town.  First and foremost, I'm working on starting an interactive Business Course in English for high school students.  I have a lot of ideas floating around on what sessions I can facilitate for them, and it's a bit nerve-racking to plan for it.  But God willing, it will work out well!  Scheduling is one of the biggest issues I've been told, as many students who would be the type to participate in such a class often are busy with school, work, and extracurricular activities. 

Below is a picture of a few of the coolest people in the world, dancing it up in Chisinau to the song, "Staying Alive", in an effort to promote National Sudden Cardiac Awareness Month.  Stay tuned for a video clip perhaps as well. 


To top off a couple weeks of me contemplating my goals and objectives for the next few months in Causeni, I celebrated the National Wine Holiday in Chisinau with some fellow volunteers.  I feel I'm lucky to have already made some friends in the wine industry in Moldova.  They're some really hard-working, talented, and kind people, for which I am already grateful to know them.  Maybe I'll be of use to them by the end of two years.  Certainly, I'm telling all my friends to check them out and buy their wine!  For a number of years now, I've wanted to learn more about the whole process of viticulture, winemaking, and wine tourism/sales. So I'm quite happy to be here in Moldova.  We'll see what more I can learn!  

No comments:

Post a Comment