Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Moldovan Entertainment


On Sunday, my family and I went to ChiČ™inau for some entertainment.  Carnival rides!  I did enjoy going on a couple rides myself, although I think I found more pleasure in simply sharing in happy, fun moments with my family.  Also to my delight, we had salty popcorn and cheap ice cream.  A combination of all these things?  Pure and innocent entertainment for the day.  'Tis indeed the little things in life.


Yesterday after class, my classmate Michael came over to help restring my sister's guitar and practice a little our musical instruments (guitar for him and ukele for me).  My host mom had been telling me about her neighbor who dances in a traditional Moldovan group in Chisinau.  Last night, she brought out the costume for traditional dancing and insisted I try it on for some photo opp's.  So indeed, I have one more thing checked off on my to-do list for integrating.  I will need to learn how to dance traditionally, too, however.  In time!

2 comments: